Peel off glitter mask: just a gimmick?

Peel off glitter mask: just a gimmick?

Does this mask do what it says, or is it just a gimmick to sell?


Skincare is everywhere right now, with so many people having multiple steps in their skincare routine and with so many products available in store.

But sometimes those products can get a little boring, with the same dull packaging and plain colour, so wouldn't it be nice to have something a bit more fun? A bit more interesting? And maybe even a little sparkly? 

If you answered yes to any of those questions then never fear, because Bodycare (a beauty shop chain in the UK) now stock this:






Colour Glow purifying peel off glitter mask.

Now I saw this on the shelf and just like a magpie I was attracted to the shiny thing and the fact that it said it deeply cleanses the skin and reduces acne and blackheads.

I attend university in the middle of Birmingham so my skin is exposed to a lot of pollution so anything that can get any of that out of my skin is great in my book.

So I picked it up for £2.19 and decided to give it a go and give you all my review on it. 

So here is my face in all its glory before putting on the mask:


Putting on the mask was...interesting to say the least.

It was much thinner than expected and was running in between my fingers before I could even get it onto my face.

And the lack of glitter was a little disappointing. Looking at the packaging you would think it was packed with glitter, but honestly, I was struggling to see much at all (and that was even with my glasses on).


But I perceived and put it on my face, and I got a feeling I didn't expect. 

It felt cold, and I cannot work out why, as there is no mint of tea tree-style ingredients listed so who knows whats going on there. 


There was also still a distinct lack of glitter, not great when the glitter is one of your key selling points...

Here's me attempting to show you a small amount of glitter that I could just about see:

Yeah, bit of a fail...

So I left it to dry which took around 25 minutes which compared to other peel off masks I've used in the past is a long time.

The cheeks took the longest time to dry which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as the thickness of the mask was the same all over the face.

Anyway, once it was dry it was time to peel it off, and my gosh was it painful!!!


I know that some peel off masks are going to be painful but this one just clinged on to my skin and hairs (on my cheeks that is) for dear life. So that was a fun few minutes...

One the main bulk of it was off some sticky bits were still left behind so I went and washed my face and here is how I looked after:

My skin did feel a little smoother but the blackheads around my nose were still there but I wanted to wait about half an hour to see if it had any quick effect on my small areas of acne/spots. 

So here we are half an hour later:

With the answer to if it had any effect on my spots is, maybe a little bit but it didn't really do much...


And now for my final thoughts...

I do think that the glitter part of this mask is just a gimmick to try and sell it and that it does nothing for the skin, but that was to be expected.

As for the base of the mask, it doesn't much that other and sometimes cheaper peel off masks can do so you're better off saving your money with just a normal mask.

If I had to rate it out of 5, I would probably give it a 2 or 3 out of 5 as it doesn't do much compared to others but it did make my skin smooth. 

But I will, of course, be finishing the whole tube as I paid for it and I'm not going to let my money go to too much waste.

I hope you enjoyed this mini-review and if you have any other questions about it be sure to ask me in the comments below.

Be happy, be healthy, from Abbie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The things no one tells you about depression and anxiety

When you feel like you're wearing a mask...

So I've been put on bed rest by my doctor...