Time for a new look

 I’m not too sure if anyone will have noticed, but now that I’ve decided to come back here to my little corner of the internet I decided that a new beginning calls for a new look.

Many years ago when I was setting up this blog, I had rather different tastes and so it was time for this blog to now show those tastes.

It started with a new logo. My old logo will always be special to me, it was made in the early stages of this blog but looking back on it I’ve now realised I needed something a tad simpler. So I loaded up Canva and started to think about what exactly I wanted in a logo.

I settled with a simple black background with white detailing; something not too overwhelming and gets to the point. Then obviously the name was needed, but something was still missing.

I then decided to go for the simple depiction of the brain as what I talk about here more often than not discusses matters of the mind.

 



I then went about changing the background of the actual blog pages themselves. Trying to decide on a main colour took a little bit longer than I thought but in the end, I decided to go for a blue and grey pallet with a touch of white here and there and leaned more toward the dark shades.

The main reasoning behind this pallet choice was that blue and grey are often seen as being calming, soothing colours, and seeing as I can talk about some heavy subjects including depression and anxiety, and wanted the surrounding colours of the writing to be, if only a little bit, calming and soothing to the reader.



So this more than anything was just a quick catch up to let any returning readers know that, no, you’re not seeing things. A few bits of this blog may have changed in terms of aesthetics, but the same posts are still up there for you to find, enjoy, and learn from and there are certainly more coming in the future.

Until next time, Abigail x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The things no one tells you about depression and anxiety

When you feel like you're wearing a mask...

So I've been put on bed rest by my doctor...