99p lip mask?! Good deal, but does it work?

99p lip mask?! Good deal, but does it work?

Testing a lip mask from the shop body care

If you read my last post (which you can see here) then you will know that I tested the glitter peel-off mask from Body care. Well, that mask wasn't the only thing I picked up while I was there.

I also got myself this 2 pack gold collagen hydrogel lip mask (along with something else, but that's a secret for now...) for just 99p.

No matter how much water I drink, how much lip balm I put on and how well I take care of them in general, my lips are always feeling dry, chapped and just uncomfortable. So when I saw this I thought I may as well give it a go, it's only 99p after all.

And while I'm at it, I thought I'd bring all of you wonderful people along for the ride, so here's my review of the lip mask.

By the way, apologies for my appearance in the pictures, but I did this during a fibromyalgia flare-up so the thought of brushing my hair and getting dressed was a little daunting. 

Looking at the outer packaging this looks like something you can trust with a clean, sleek look, plenty of buzzwords and a sign stating it has 0% parabens, dyes or gluten.

There's only one thing to do after looking at the outer packaging, and that's to open it up and have a look at the product itself.

I will say that it looked like there was a large amount of liquid in the package but the mask just wasn't taking it up, so as I figured I ended up with just a bag full of liquid which I wasn't too sure what to do with afterwards and couldn't get it out easily without making a mess so it ended up in the bin I'm afraid. 

I picked up the mask and I must say it did feel strange. It felt dry to the touch yet was dripping as well so I'm thoroughly confused there...

I popped it on my face, set a 15-minute timmer and waited. I then went to take a picture for you to see me in all my lip mask glory and as you can see from my eyes, even I was shocked by what I saw...I can only apologise...

15 minutes was up and I took the mask off, making me look vaguely human again. I followed the instructions and massaged in what was left of the liquid but there wasn't really anything to massage in for me so I was just sat there massaging in nothing...

Now it's time to see if there was any difference in my lips as this mask claims to not only moisturise and smooth but to also give fuller-looking lips. So here's my before and after pictures;
Before
After

And the verdict is (insert drumroll here)... I don't notice a whole lot of difference.

My lips do feel a little more moisturised and look it as well but around 20 minutes after taking off the mask they were backed to feeling rough and chapped. I also don't see a difference in size.

My final thoughts on this lip mask are that while I like the results I got straight after, those results just didn't last long enough for me and I noticed no difference in size like the product claimed.

Overall I give this lip mask a 2/5, I will use the other one in the pack but most likely won't re-purchase but again, it was only 99p so I wasn't expecting any miracles.

Let me know what you think of this mask in the comments below and let me know if you would like me to test anything else.

Be happy, be healthy, from Abbie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The things no one tells you about depression and anxiety

When you feel like you're wearing a mask...

So I've been put on bed rest by my doctor...